All classrooms in grades k-5 will receive Chromebooks. District technology forms must be signed and returned before your child will be issued a Chromebook to use in class. Chromebooks will remain in the classroom.
Internet Safety is essential for our children. Here are some tips to help keep your child safe on the internet:
- Keep your computer in a high traffic area that is available to everyone in the house.
- Discuss rules for using the internet with your child and why these rules are in place.
- Go to websites together so that you know what sites your child is visiting (Our school site has some wonderful educational sites).
- Talk with your child about never sharing personal information. Remind your child that they do not always know who is on the site and they should never give out their name, address, birthdate, or phone number to anyone.
Cyberbullying – If your child is a victim of cyberbullying please do the following:
- Explain to your child to NEVER respond to texts or emails that are bullying in nature.
- Contact your internet service provider to ask them to remove any webpage that is meant to hurt your child.
- Block the sender of any emails.
- Print, copy, or make a screenshot of all evidence of cyberbullying. Please note the day and time that it was received.
View the following site for more tips: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/privacy-and-internet-safety
One-to-Global is a one-to-one technology integration initiative. The purpose of One-to-Global is to use technology equipment, programs, and application to engage students in challenging, critical thinking, and real world activities and learning.
The mission of Sumter School District is to equip students to be responsible, successful, and productive citizens in a global society. The mission of the One-to-Global Technology Initiative is to connect each student to the global opportunity of learning and to use innovation to engage and prepare students for the 21stCentury.
The vision of One-to-Global is to transform traditional classroom instruction to an environment of innovative, global reaching, real life, critical thinking, and student centered learning.
The goals of One-to-Global are to:
- Increase student engagement
- Increase student depth of knowledge and academic achievement
- Reduce classroom disruption
- Provide innovative classroom instruction
- Facilitate on-going technology professional development
One-to Global Handbook
Instructional Technology Team
Dr. David Laws, Director of Instructional Technology
Melissa A Epps, Instructional Technology Specialist
Keasha Grant, Instructional Technology Specialist
Jamie Lessard, Instructional Technology Specialist
Linda Collins, Title I Instructional Technology Facilitator